As a segway to my previous entry, “Old Skool,” I only believed in keeping that SONY Walkman of mine because I did not have another tape deck in the house. (That was a shot of reality as well, for my VCR is seeing its usefullness fading other than being a glorified digital clock.)
Here comes the PlusDeck2. www.plusdeck.com
It is a tape deck for your PC. But not only does it play your old worn out cassette tapes, it also can be used to create MP3’s of the old classics in your shoeboxes. It may not be the prettiest thing to be mounting into a drive slot on your PC tower, but its definately useful for people like myself that want to put my MC Hammer collection and one hit wonder cassettes onto my computer or Ipod.
• Records sounds, MP3 files, and internet streaming audio from PC onto Tape
• Hi quality record/playback as Hi-Fi audio
• Convert cassette tapes to into MP3 files
• Full-logic controls
• Dub voice with mic on Tape.
• Tape Speed 4.75cm/sec
• Wow & Flutter 0.09%(WRMS)
• Frequency Response 30~18,000Hz
• Separation 40dB
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 55dB
• Fits in open 5.25″ drive bay
This thing is sick! I want it. Scrounge up all my old tapes and make em MP3s.