LIVEdigitally covers tech for the living room, conference room, consumer, prosumer, hipster, executive, and everything and everyone in between. Edited by Jeremy Toeman and featuring guest writers from every walk of tech, LIVEdigitally focuses on the trends and issues affecting today’s connected generation, in addition to the occasional tangent into bad (and good) TV shows.
- At no time in the past, nor at any time in the future will LIVEdigitally accept payment to write a blog post. Unless said payment is sufficient to cover the outstanding balance of Jeremy’s mortgage, in which case we will take the check (and disclose it). Please, big brands, send this check!
- Due to deep industry connections, it is safe to assume that many of the products reviewed or discussed were given to us for free. That said, at no point in the past nor future is there an exchange of “product for post”.
- At all times we attempt to identify 100% of disclosures where any potential relationship or perceived conflict of interest would arise. Failing to do so should be considered an oversight, not deliberate, and you are welcome to leave a comment on any post if you’d like clarification.
Jeremy Toeman (JT), Founder, Reviewer and Editor
Jeremy Toeman is the CEO of Dijit Media, a venture-funded startup building NextGuide, a hyper-personalized TV guide experience. Jeremy has over 11 years experience in the convergence of digital media, mobile entertainment, social entertainment, smart TV and consumer technology. He has a proven track record of designing and delivering award-winning products and technologies to the connected home.
Prior to Dijit, Jeremy was a founding partner of Stage Two, a firm providing product design, UX, and marketing services to consumer technology companies. Jeremy was key to many successes for Boxee, VUDU, Clicker.com, and many other consumer technology companies.
Prior to Stage Two, Jeremy was Vice President of Product Management at Sling Media (acquired by EchoStar in 2007) where he was responsible for guiding the Slingbox from conception through launch, including user experience for the SlingPlayer PC and mobile. The Slingbox won numerous industry awards, including a technology Emmy and a 2005 CES “Best Home Media Networking” honor.
In 1999, Jeremy was the Founding Vice President of Product Management at Mediabolic (acquired by Rovi Corp in 2007), a software company whose digital media networking technology was widely licensed by consumer electronics firms and computer manufacturers. At Mediabolic, Jeremy designed several convergence products for a range of companies including Pioneer, Fujitsu, Creative Labs, HP and Denon (which specifically included the 2004 CES “Overall Best of Show” multi-room DVR system). Jeremy also sat on the steering committees for DLNA and the UPnP AV Working Group.
Jeremy is also a technology innovator, and has launched numerous Web businesses, including NudgeMail and Legacy Locker. Jeremy holds a B.S. in Economics and Industrial Management from Carnegie Mellon University. He is from Montreal, Canada and lives in San Francisco with his wife and three children. Go Habs!
- CES 2009, G4 Best in Show for Pogoplug
- CES 2008, CNET Best in Show award for Bug Labs!
- In 2007, the Slingbox was awarded a technology Emmy!
- At 2005 CES, the Slingbox won a “Next Big Thing” award as well as “Best Home Media Networking” award.
- While at Mediabolic, Jeremy helped design convergence products for companies like Pioneer, HP, and Denon (whose flagship NS100 won a “Best of Show” award at CES2004).
Jeremy also writes here on LIVEdigitally, plays a lot of card and board games, volunteers in the local community, drinks wine, and complains about all the bad drivers around him. Always. Even when he’s not driving…
You can contact Jeremy by sending an email to jeremy at livedigitally dot com.