Jef Raskin, author of The Humane Interface and the chief GUI designer for the original Mac, passed away this weekend at the age of 61.
For those of you unaware of his accomplishments, here is a small list:
- Creator of Macintosh computer at Apple Computer, Inc.
- Author of The Humane Interface
- Former Chairman and CEO, Information Appliance Inc., Palo Alto, California
- Contributing Editor for: WIRED, Forbes, MacHome Journal, Dr. Dobb’s Journal
- Has sat on several dozen panels, over three dozen boards, and published literally hundreds of works.
- Check out his C.V. here
I had the privelege to listen to Jef speak on a panel about 4 years ago, and he was, for lack of a better word, fascinating. Jef was the first person I ever heard speak who loved the Mac user interface (remember, he did create it), yet was ready to tear apart its faults. His visions for better user interaction models have truly inspired works of mine, and it is a shame to hear of his passing.
Read more at Cnet
Jef’s home page