Last week I saw and reviewed Borat, and mused on which scenes were real or staged. Turns out this is a fairly popular topic out there, and I’ve got a few quick updates:
- Pam Anderson scene: Probably staged (although not definitive).
- The prostitute: staged and is a known actress.
- Frat boys: real, and they are suing. Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, boys.
- Rodeo scene: frighteningly real. This article (from Salon) has a ton of in-depth commentary on the “is Borat staged?” topic, and was a great read.
- Dinner party. real, chock full o Southern hospitality, ‘Bama-style.
- Etiquette lesson. real, although apparently the teacher had her doubts.
Incidentally, for the least useful source of material on the topic, head on over to Yahoo! Answers.