Made ya look.
Seriously, the tri-annual Under the Radar event is one of my few conference favorites. I like it because:
- It’s local (ok, technically the peninsula is not really local, but I’ll cut them a break).
- It’s highly unlikely that there will be any form of “witch-burning” during an interview.
- Companies’ demos/pitches are short and sweet, and (typically) well-rehearsed. There’s nothing less fun than watching an exec fumble through a PPT that they haven’t practiced (again, there are in fact many things that are much less fun, but I have no metaphors in me right now).
- The events are focused. This month’s is about Web Apps, so I can pretty well assume what topics will be covered (as opposed to, say, CES, which I also like, but where software, phones, gadgets, and car stereos all converge).
- I’m moderating for half the day (the morning, for those of you who are curious).
- For demonstrating companies, it doesn’t break the bank just to show up. Same deal for attendees.
- Quite impressive batch of attendees includes lots of VCs, decision-makers, and press.
- Two of Stage Two‘s clients (kwiry and DeviceVM) are presenting. If you have not checked both out yet, you really should. – cool stuff.
- I can get ya $100 off! What’s not to like?
Hope to see some of you there!