In between blog posts, I pay my bills as a consumer technology marketing consultant (the company is still unnamed, as there are simply no domains left other than consultr or mectooo.com). The clients I have are all great – great people, great products/services. Things are going well so far (knock on wood), and based on current prospects, I’m going to need a little more help pretty soon (read: immediately). Honestly, work is a true pleasure, and I consider myself extremely lucky to be in this position.
We’re looking for a one or two interns and/or junior level reps with account management experience to help with the growing list of clients. This is the perfect opportunity for you (or someone you forward this to) to interact with new and exciting consumer technology, immerse yourself into the product development process, and learn more about traditional and new media marketing techniques. Additionally, we will introduce you to industry influencers and help you grow your network.
Bottom line – this is a fun industry, and this is a chance to get involved with a lot of very exciting projects!
- Extremely strong communications skills, especially written
- Good understanding of consumer technology (gadgets, mobile, etc) with a genuine enthusiasm and interest in new trends in tech, media, and culture
- Good understanding of new media, including blogging and social networking
- Confident and effective networker
- Fast learner and self-starting with impeccable organizational skills
- Brilliantly creative, yet shrewdly analytical
- Competitive studies and industry surveys, with heavy emphasis on both quantitative and qualitative research. This includes field questionnaires and street-level buzz/WOM tracking.
- Execution and oversight of outreach campaigns, including online community management and content development/acquisition.
- Pitching new products and services to bloggers and traditional media outlets.
- Participating in development of creative strategy, including branding and messaging.
- Maintaining and adding to the internal contact and event database
Our office is in North Beach, some telecommuting is fine, hours are flexible, and compensation is based on experience and fit.
If you are interested, please email me (jeremy @ …) a resume along with a brief overview of your capabilities, why this is a perfect fit for you, and tell me what is bound to be the hottest gadget in your eyes in 2007. This is one of those rare opportunities in life where you can turn your hobby into a career. Looking forward to hearing from you!