Bug Labs (whom I work with) announced a bunch of updates today, the day before we head off to LV for CES. For those of you following the company, whose “Lego of Gadgets” is catching a lot of great attention in the tech community, here are the highlights:
Pricing (including an Early Adopter Discount):
- BUGbase $349 ($299 w/discount)
- LCD module $119 ($99 w/discount)
- GPS module $99 ($79 w/discount)
- Camera module $79 ($69 w/discount)
- Motion detector / Accelerometer $59 ($49 w/discount)
- Pre-orders start on 01/21
- Fulfillment starts by 03/17
- The Von Hippel module (named after MIT professor Eric von Hippel) is a “breakout box” for the BUG platform
- Early Adopter Discount – price break offered to consumers who purchase/pre-order within the first 60 days. Now that’s technology.
- BUG+EDU – promotions aimed at educational institutions, no specific details announced at this time.
For the first time, the company issued a press release in addition to the blog post, if you are curious as to why, take a look at my marketing blog post. Coverage is popping up online at Engadget, Gizmodo, Geek.com, PC Magazine, EE Times, Random Thoughts, Mashable, and Brad Feld, Fred Wilson’s and Bijan Sabet’s blog (note: these three are investors).
See you in Vegas!